Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Message to HOME Thursday

I've been asked, by a church I used to go to, to come share a 5 minute something about the Holy Spirit. Where do I feel "nudge" or where/how do I see the Holy Spirit, that sort of thing. 5 bloody minutes to fit into their damn schedule. That's the first answer that came to mind. Then I thought about how I exist in my life; past experiences bordering on miraculous, etc. Then I almost had a panic attack with the desire to go in there and explain why I am never going back to that place. I paused to watch Star Trek. (Wicked awesome distraction btw). Then I thought about Home. I thought about how I knew I was supposed to be with you all as soon as I read the first page of Ken's words in that little book. I thought about Vern and Jeff and all of you that make up my Home. Where I belong. I have come to rest on the image of the Indian woman who comes to help serve food now. She basically takes over and serves everyone else- food and a round of water bottles- before eating. That's discipleship.

That's the Holy Spirit moving before me and around me. People who have not eaten in days, volunteering to serve others before they themselves have anything. And they do it with smiles on their faces. Some believe in God, some hate God, some don't believe anything. But, because you who do this great deed of love towards the unwanted and untouchable, they love each other. I am going to share that with those people who I do love but I cannot be a part of because their fruits just aren't there. I can't take it. Sitting in rows while the soul is stagnated into decrepitude. But I love them and they love God. I just wanted you to know that I see Jesus in Home and all who make Home the place that it is; where I belong.

Mi Casa es Su Casa, Espiritu Santo.

No comments:

Post a Comment