Tuesday, June 28, 2011

is it tuesday?

baby birds shouting and crying for attention outside my window. plane flying somewhere overhead. construction noises chipping and scraping away. cars, buses, and scooters thrumming by in waves. quiet hum of my computer fan while it cools this machine. i am missing the up-arrow key. car horn sounds. i breathe in. i breathe out. empty cereal bowl with small stainless steel spoon sits on my bed. digestion talks to me as it makes the rounds.

breathe. smile. wait on what i have no power to change.

a Serenity Prayer
Creator grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as You did, this world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that You will make all things right if I surrender to the Greater Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with You Forever in the next. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment