Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday

I woke up this morning to my cat licking himself..ya. 6am and time to take out the trash before kids walk to the bus stop (don't want any screams at my Medusa morning mojo). There was a lovely icy sheet veiling the world under the still out stars. Back to bed until my cat, again, decided I needed to snap out of it and let him run around the house like a greyhound. Once the little guy kicks it- that's it for my cat experiences (he's my husband's best friend; not so much mine).

My plume never ceases to amuse my overseas husband during our video calls. That's what he gets, it takes time for this girl to get her hair under wraps. (Thus my obsession with fabulous bonnets). It was an especially good call during the final ten minutes. We shared what we needed most from each other at this point in our marriage; I, my need for verbal affirmation and praise, he, his need for my happiness and sanity. The duration consisted of watching my husband smile adoringly at me from my computer screen as I told him of the peace he has given me. All I want from this season of life is quiet, peace, and simplicity. He worried that I was going out of my marbles stuck at home while he is gone. (Baha! Right.) My husband has given me alone time that I may never have again. I get to sleep as much as I need, eat when and what I please, travel where and when I please. I've started painting and have seen a delicious plethora of films; deliciously solo. I am blissfully content in my heart with the life my husband gives me. I am the frickin' happiest stay-at-home wife on the planet! The only thing that would improve my happiness- his effervescent presence. I adore him and will have him here with me again soon. We of course continued to converse in honey dripping declarations of love that you don't need to hear. Yay marriage ;^]


Today was a lemon-pie sky. I didn't even need a jacket- cha ching. Pick up cat food (adult stuff now- here's hopin'), schedule kitty's shave (oh ya, I do)/bath/claw caps appointment, and then off to the dentist to book my life away to grating steel mouth... Lucky me! I didn't brush my teeth this morning and they have an opening right now! Awesome. Turns out I have "beautiful teeth" according to my hygienist of the day, Brenda. Whew! Tomorrow- pasty mcpaste mouth appointment in the am. H-O-T. Blinkin' teeth grinding.


Homeward bound to bland Chinese food roommate leftovers I went; nothing a little soy sauce and sesame seeds couldn't fluff. Fiddled around with e-mail, myspace, facebook, blah blah blah. And for dessert? Honey Toasted O's straight from the big ol' cheap bag with an ice cold rice milk chaser. Heavenly. Nothing tops that mix but a little Desperate Housewives. I sniffled. I have become a sap on a graduated scale since the last Spring for some reason. For example, while sitting in the lobby of the dental office (resignedly waiting for my receipt- which takes about 20 minutes to print for some reason...) a male name was called from the hall by a sweet faced 20-something girl in scrubs. That set off the waterworks of one very worked up 8-year old. Even with the smile from his mother, holding his shaking hand- my eyes brimmed and I wanted to get out of there. I can't listen to kids cry! I start crying! I try to stop, telling myself there is nothing I can do to soothe the creature(s)- and that starts me bawling all over again. What a mess. Don't even get me started on that stupid Prego commercial with that blasted violin music...gaaah!


So, now I am listening to my iTunes. My "Gooda" playlist is on shuffle as I pluck out pumped tunes proper for plunking along on the treadmill and/ or stair machine. I am finally going to go and buy an ipod (I know, I know). Tomorrow night I will be one with the mob. Oh ya. (And I'm gonna like it).


Today is the day the nation of the United States of America remembers one of my great and triumphant heroes, Martin Luther King, Jr. Someday we will have peace- either by God's hand ending our existence, or by slow and steady compassion among our species. Someday, we will have Second Eden. Dr. King showed us a portal and now holds it open with his martyrdom along with all who have died in the name of love. He knew the embracing blindness of true brotherhood, sisterhood; true love. I want to be like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment