Friday, February 27, 2009

Feeling Nothing Imparticular Friday Afternoon

I currently have Relax (Take it Easy) by Mika on my iTunes party playlist. Previously it was Baby it's Cold Outside by Dinah Shore. I faked a shower this morning. I kind of take on each night to wash my face and slough off the day. So, this morning I maneuvered my dome into the bathroom sink and soaked my hair as much as possible as I was not in my average patient morning mood. It didn't turn out very attractive due to my impatience. Bonnet day everyone.

Mmmm, The Proclaimers just came on...aaaaaah, I turn into jasmine vapor and float away. yay.

Well, I was running around with my husband these past days; celebrating his leave from Iraq. We rocked his mom's 50th with his family for 4 days and then escaped the draft to Canada! (jk) But we did go to Vancouver Island and then Vancouver City. Freaking sweet awesome trip! Sunshine everyday- that is unnatural.

[Fave movies crossing my mind right now: Fool's Rush In and Mama's Boy]

Back to Canadia- Victoria, BC is lovely. We hit up whale watching, Butchart Gardens (amazing!), and general meandering tourist places- oh ya! Craidorroch Castle! Crazy Victorian age and people building little 4 story castles for themselves. crazy.

Taking the ferries from America to the island to the mainland of BC were spectacular trips! I tried to imagine seeing the villages of the first peoples past the beaches we floated by. Breathtaking.

We hung out with our friends who just moved to Vancouver city last month to start a church/community/something God'Jesus up there. Their apartment sits above quirky shops and overlooks a happenin' park full of kids. ps, their walls are bright ducky yellow and it is magic. We found a Portuguese Club and a Portuguese restaurant- and, of course, my Portuguese husband had as experience both. Not bad. the club has good Caldo Verde, not the restaurant. The Restaurant was called Casa Verde and it wasn't bad; but I think we won't go again. The clubo gets a second chance.

We discovered this fabulous fabulous I want to eat there every day place called True North Gelato. Rustic personal pizza's done the old school way-mmmm. And, fresh, homemade gelato that hint of Eden's gardens- just sayin. It's good stuff to the max. The Irish Times Pub had great music the night we went- we're pretty sure it was Bob Dylan's aura manifested.

Word to the wise- don't eat at any of the places claiming to be Victoria's #1 whatever- they all tanked. Lame bucket of chum sauce. Ya. Well, you could try the Waterfront steakhouse, but it was kind of awkward where we were- try the lounge.bar instead of main seating.

Well, we drove back to America and met up with 'friends' the next day. It's awkward. Basically they all give me a panic attack in the environment we have in common- a church. And- I let them all know two months ago that he was coming on leave from Iraq and what day and time to come over- and I reminded them twice. Thanks for showing up everyone- not. We have our genuine friends from the bunch well in heart- so, no real surprise at the rest I suppose.

[arg, I cannot find The Venetian Citizen's Waltz on iTunes and I am sad]

On a happier note- I planned an awesome surprise party for my husband with a select group of close friends at his favorite place- of course, it is Portuguese. Brazilian if you want to get technical bla bla. I blindfolded him with my pink elastic headband- baha, so great. He and no idea and it was a wonderful night for everyone.

The last two days we spent alone together, doing nothing. We had the boys he mentors over for pizza ans catching up (but we forgot his birthday! we just found out and we are fixing that situation!) The next day we bought him some much needed pants, had Chipotle, watched some tv episodes online, and enjoyed his last days this trip. It was a special trip, thank you God for letting us see so any people we care for and blessing our marriage with this time together. :)


I think I am blogged out for now... (sigh) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment