Sunday, November 29, 2009

sunday sunday sunday morning

I am taking my husband for his first day at church. Real church. 98% friends living on the streets, 2% friends living indoors. Two-thirds don't give a rat's ass about what has been popularly monachered as 'christian.' The other third is okay with the knowledge that we don't know jack shit. I think that is where we are supposed to be most of the time. Trusting in what we surely do not know. Our church is lunch with our friends living out of doors. Playing cribbage. Playing the piano. Talking about their lives with them. Listening. Giving away socks, sleeping bags, tampons, shampoo, gloves, tarps, hand warmers... Giving away our respect and love.

I get to take my husband today.

1 comment:

  1. Xolani,
    You captured us!
    May I put this on our website?

    I love you
    Ken

    ReplyDelete