Tuesday, July 7, 2009

heart of life is good Tuesday

Finished Ann Lamott's "Traveling Mercies"... I will be reading the others very very soon. She writes in a vignette style that I want more and more of.

Life is hard. I want to stay in my world of books forever. I want to be loved. I want to be an effective human being in this world. How do I make those desires work?

I want to unplug from the global communications system. I want to document my life and share it with the world. But I don't. But I do. But I... You see my problem?

I would of made a good nun, were I Catholic. That is, until I drove myself mad with longing for freedom of expression in relation to my mind, body, spirit, and relationships with other people.Only to desperately gasp for solitary air. Only to then...

I am in deep empathy to the rubber band.

No comments:

Post a Comment