Wednesday, July 8, 2009

i wrote this last tuesday Wednesday

hey. i'm up.

Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 11:42pm

it's sultry tonight. steamy air bows aside for whirling breezes created by winding plastic wings. all pointed at me.

the proclaimers are moved so by my tear drops, they're running down my face. diamonds of water and salt from my body, coming down to meet their kisses. that is what they sing to me. i can accept the antithesis to my current state. teardrops kissed by the proclaimers. dry cheeks kissed by no one. not until I hear Alvin and the Chipmunks caroling over supermarket speakers. happy tears kissed happily. stay tuned.

sometimes i dream i can fly. i am walking down a public hallway. glance sideways at vacant faces. leering faces. my steps increase to hip hop video status. faces blur. i run. i run until a am wind-whipped of my clothing and cares. wings flow from me and i am a new being. delicious dreams.

i dream. i dream i am in a prison. wrongfully held. ignorantly punished. "they want to kill me." it is a prison camp. the bodies in x-ray chains mill. recognition. i know them. homeless. friends. we are pariah. cattled. slowly guillotined. power must die first. i am a fence dweller. not homeless. not other. other want to kill me. no fence dwellers. dangerous. have voice. can change. i must escape. they want to kill me. my dream ends hiding on a gritty cement floor slacked with sweat and fear. determination to get out. speak out. not cattle. human being. human beings. parts of the whole. real dream. not the whole. too graphic.


I dream. most nights. deeply.

must learn from my dreams. no other option.

unknown. how. do first. think later.

ok.

i am floored by the beauty of power within a person.

you are full of beauty.

you are full of power.

i love you.

-by Me

No comments:

Post a Comment