Wednesday, April 29, 2009

early perfect morning Wednesday

(Fleet Foxes in my space)

It's amazing how the presence of another person alters you. My cat is sleeping snuggly n the middle of a queen sized bed where two snug little ladies were not 1 hour ago. Now one is driving home for the next 3 hours and the other is sitting comfortably in her skivs writing about love. Philos love; the love of friends, commrades, brothers, sisters...that love. I don't want to put her toothbrush away in it's plastic baggy, awaiting her return in a cupboard drawer. It's a momento of her presence and our precious time shared. Sleepy half conversations at the kitchen table. Mumbled bits of stories from our pillows before succombing to dreamland. Pleasant nothings expressed over tea looking out the sliding glass doors to a rainy morning. Nothing of paramount importance to the scholar or the news anchor. Still, more important than any piece of public consciousness. Thank you Jesus for friends. thank you for my life. I don't know what to do with it most days- but I am truly truly thankful all days. thank you for my friend.

Blowing you all a kiss and sending a mental hug.....yep. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment