Thursday, April 30, 2009

sitting in my pajama pants Thursday morning

(Black Bird by Guess Who)

Last night was the first night in years that I have talked about my cancer with someone other than my husband. It was weird explaining short details in a noisy bar without monopolizing conversation. It's easy to keep on talking when you've had a big something like that in your life- especially when it dictates daily life still. It will be interesting to see where that conversation pops up now with that new group of mates. i am open to sharing my experience but I am always wary of creating drama. Do you know what I mean? I don't want to be that kid sucking life out of other people by always one-up'ing the conversation with cancer stories, abuse stories, etc. There's always a fine line there waiting to be crossed. Crazy stuff in that arena of my world :) It's slightly nerve-racking knowing that I am now going to have that conversation in varying degrees with a lot of people in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment